Press & News
We help organizations leverage the value of their environmental sustainability efforts with consumers, customers, employees, investors, and supply chains.
Everything we do revolves around life-cycle assessment (LCA) and how it leads to:
sustainability strategy and carbon footprints
supply chain carbon dioxide equivalents reporting
loan guarantees issued by the Department of Energy (DOE)
- Life-Cycle Assessment Services - provide detailed information and results on:
Sustainability & Carbon Footprint Services - offer integration into:
Supply Chain Benchmarking Services - environmental sustainability scorecards
- Energy (oil, natural gas, coal, nuclear, hydro-power, solar, wind, etc.)
- Air emissions (GHGs, SOX, NOX, particulates, CFCs, hydrocarbons, etc.)
- Water emissions
- Solid wastes
- Raw materials and water use
DOE Loan Guarantee Services – application for
- Procter and Gamble has released the second version of its scorecard, moving from benchmarking suppliers to rating and rewarding them.
- Similar sustainability scorecards were launched by Wal-Mart.
- Boustead's life-cycle assessment & sustainability services are streamlined to target these environmental sustainability scorecards.
- The program authorizes the DOE to issue loan guarantees to eligible projects that
“avoid, reduce, or sequester air pollutants or anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases”
and “employ new or significantly improved technologies as compared to technologies in
service in the United States at the time the guarantee is issued.”
- To qualify for a federally guaranteed loan, the company must show that employing its technology
in its project proposed for loan guarantee support can reduce anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions
and air pollutants (in particular, NOx, SOx, and particulates) over the life cycle of the project,
including the life cycle of its products, and improve the energy security of the United States.
- To provide evidence of this accomplishment, several companies contracted with Boustead Consulting
to complete a Life Cycle Assessment of their project.
Using LCA's for: